|Season 2, Episode 2|
|Air date||September 29, 2016|
|Written by||Eli Talbert & Safura Fadavi|
|Directed by||David Rodriguez|
Dr. Choi mentors a Navy corpsman, while two cases involving sick babies may have a connection.
- Brian Tee as Dr. Ethan Choi
- Colin Donnell as Dr. Connor Rhodes
- Marlyne Barrett as Maggie Lockwood
- Nick Gehlfuss as Dr. Will Halstead
- Oliver Platt as Dr. Daniel Charles
- Rachel DiPillo as Dr. Sarah Reese
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Sharon Goodwin
- Torrey DeVitto as Dr. Natalie Manning
- Yaya DaCosta as Nurse April Sexton
- Jeff Hephner as Med Student Jeff Clarke
- Patti Murin as Dr. Nina Shore
- Shay Rose Aljadeff as Dr. Leah Bardovi
- Paul Ben-Victor as Mr. McGregor
- Alex Hernandez as Javier
- Demetria McKinney as Mrs. James
- Jennefer Ludwigsen as Gayle Williams
- Eric Lynch as Andre
- Collin Geraghty as John
- Saurabh Pande as Doctor Mark Bhatt
- Sadieh Rifai as Nurse Deb
- Anderson Hayes as Bobby
- Megan Beverly as Joy
- Maynor Alvarado as Marco
Dr. Manning and Dr. Rhodes separately treat complicated cases involving sick babies, only to uncover that the two cases could actually be intertwined.
Elsewhere, Dr. Halstead and Dr. Charles treat a homeless man with an upbeat disposition who sheds some valuable insight that prompts one of the doctors to learn a thing or two along the way.
Dr. Choi has a Navy corpsman follow him for the day as they deal with the toll of gang violence in the city, while Dr. Reese tries to understand the delicate balance required in her new position.