|Season 2, Episode 1|
|Air date||September 22, 2016|
|Written by|| Michael Brandt|
|Directed by||Arthur W. Forney|
Dr. Rhodes begins a fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery, only to have problems with his new boss. Also Dr. Choi is the new chief resident; Sarah receives an opportunity; and April faces her recently discovered illness.
- Brian Tee as Dr. Ethan Choi
- Colin Donnell as Dr. Connor Rhodes
- Marlyne Barrett as Maggie Lockwood
- Nick Gehlfuss as Dr. Will Halstead
- Oliver Platt as Dr. Daniel Charles
- Rachel DiPillo as Dr. Sarah Reese
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Sharon Goodwin
- Torrey DeVitto as Dr. Natalie Manning
- Yaya DaCosta as Nurse April Sexton
- Lorena Diaz as Nurse Doris
- Peter Mark Kendall as Joey Thomas
- Roland Buck III as Med Student Noah Sexton
- Deron J. Powell as Tate Jenkins
- Alex Weisman as Paramedic Allen Chout
- Courtney Rioux as Paramedic Courtney
- Ato Essandoh as Dr. Isidore Latham
- Jeff Hephner as Med Student Jeff Clarke
- Jürgen Hooper as Dr. Jason Wheeler
- Karen Aldridge as Doctor Kendra Perrington
- Cordelia Dewdney as Cheryl
- Kiki Layne as Emmy
- Chuck Quinn as Ray
- Toya Turner as Jayna Miles
- Christopher Brickhouse as Greg Allen
- Amanda Marcheschi as Nurse Dina Garston
- Janelle Snow as Doctor Audrey Lee
- Erin Elizabeth as Orderly
- Scarlett Wand as Anna Charles
Dr. Rhodes begins his fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery, but gets off on the wrong foot with his challenging new boss, Dr. Latham.
Dr. Choi navigates life as the new chief resident and finds the road a bit rocky, while Dr. Charles approaches Sarah with an interesting opportunity that catches her off-guard.
Elsewhere, April works to come to terms with her recently discovered illness and Dr. Manning deals with a complicated case involving a pregnant woman who was a victim in a high speed collision.
Meanwhile, Dr. Halstead takes exception to the actions of fourth-year medical student Jeff Clarke, whose past history with Dr. Manning may be a factor. Sharon Goodwin tries to pick up the pieces and move on with her life in the aftermath of Bert leaving.
Photos Source: NBC