|"I Can’t Imagine the Future"|
|Season 5, Episode 09|
|Air date||November 20, 2019|
|Written by||Diane Frolov & Andrew Schneider|
|Directed by||Charles S. Carroll|
"Too Close to the Sun"
"Guess it Doesn't Matter Anymore"
April receives unfortunate news that she has a low chance of conceiving a child naturally, that makes her question her future with Ethan.
Meanwhile, Dr. Charles and Maggie see tough times on the horizon. When Maggie's boyfriends health begins to improve and Dr. Charles continues to care for his wife CeCe, as her health deteriorates.
As Dr. Manning treats Phillip's daughter, who he has abandoned, her memory from the accident starts to return and realizes she made a mistake.
- Brian Tee as Dr. Ethan Choi
- Marlyne Barrett as Maggie Lockwood
- Nick Gehlfuss as Dr. Will Halstead
- Oliver Platt as Dr. Daniel Charles
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Sharon Goodwin
- Torrey DeVitto as Dr. Natalie Manning
- Yaya DaCosta as Nurse April Sexton
- Dominic Rains as Dr. Crockett Marcel
- Ato Essandoh as Dr. Isidore Latham
- Molly Bernard as Elsa Curry
- Brennan Brown as Dr. Sam Abrams
- Mekia Cox as Robin Charles
- Charles Malik Whitfield as Ben Campbell
- Deanna Dunagan as Mrs. Charles
- Emma Duncan as Dr. Maia Frisch
- Nate Santana as Dr. James Lanik
- Marc Grapey as Peter Kalmick
- Gregory Allan Williams as Bert Goodwin
- Paula Newsome as Caroline Charles
- Lorena Diaz as Nurse Doris
- Carlos Rogelio Diaz as Nurse Hank
- Marie Tredway as Nurse Trini
- Amy J. Carle as Dr. Olga Patchefsky
- Michael Vaughn Shaw as X-ray Tech Mike