|"Got a Friend in Me"|
|Season 5, Episode 05|
|Air date||October 23, 2019|
|Written by||Eli Talbert|
|Directed by||John Polson|
"Infection: Part II"
"It's All in the Family"
Dr. Choi and Dr. Marcel don't see eye-to-eye on the treatment of a patient's chronic pain. Dr. Manning works to help a young boy, but her treatment suggestions are challenged by his parents who believe in using only holistic remedies, forcing her to take extreme measures. Maggie continues her chemotherapy treatment and contemplates revealing her condition to her coworkers. Dr. Halstead tends to a patient with a severely swollen calf. CeCe tries to play cupid.
- Brian Tee as Dr. Ethan Choi
- Marlyne Barrett as Maggie Lockwood
- Nick Gehlfuss as Dr. Will Halstead
- Oliver Platt as Dr. Daniel Charles
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Sharon Goodwin
- Torrey DeVitto as Dr. Natalie Manning
- Yaya DaCosta as Nurse April Sexton
- Dominic Rains as Dr. Crockett Marcel
- Nate Santana as Dr. James Lanik
- Roland Buck III as Dr. Noah Sexton
- Paula Newsome as Caroline Charles
- Casey Tutton as Monique Lawson
- Elena Marisa Flores as Officer Rosado
- Lorena Diaz as Nurse Doris
- Marc Grapey as Peter Kalmick
- Tonray Ho as Nurse Leah
- Gregory Alan Williams as Bert Goodwin
- Sarah Brooks as Paramedic Juliette
- A young man named Carl comes in for chronic abdominal pain;
- A toddler named Lucas Harper is brought in with heavy seasonal allergy symptoms;
- A young woman named Eunice Kim is brought in for extreme agitation;
- A man named Neal Bowe comes in for an abnormally swollen calf which turns out to be a case of deep vein thrombosis.