|"Devil In Disguise"|
|Season 3, Episode 15|
|Air date||April 10, 2018|
|Written by|| Stephen Hootstein |
& Joseph Sousa
|Directed by||Michael Pressman|
"Lock It Down"
"An Inconvenient Truth"
Dr. Charles and Dr. Reese search for answers when a mother brings in her daughter claiming she is possessed. While, Dr. Rhodes and Dr. Bekker are tasked with finding a way to save a pair of conjoined twins. Dr. Halstead struggles to get Dr. Manning's attention. Meanwhile, Maggie measures her options in the wake of her recent actions.
- Brian Tee as Dr. Ethan Choi
- Colin Donnell as Dr. Connor Rhodes
- Marlyne Barrett as Maggie Lockwood
- Nick Gehlfuss as Dr. Will Halstead
- Norma Kuhling as Dr. Ava Bekker
- Oliver Platt as Dr. Daniel Charles
- Rachel DiPillo as Dr. Sarah Reese
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Sharon Goodwin
- Torrey DeVitto as Dr. Natalie Manning
- Yaya DaCosta as Nurse April Sexton
'Devil in disguise' is a common idiom that refers to something which appears to be good, useful, or benevolentl but ends up being the opposite. The title is a direct reference to two cases in the episode:
- Katerine Ferris who's father turned up after many years wanting to reconnect with her daughter, appearing to be a good influence on her life having brought her to the hospital and flown out to look after her. However, he caused her distress as a result of him molesting her when she was younger.
- Malcom, who diagnosed with sarcoidosis but in early stages where it was still manageable with treatment. However, to pay for his son's education, he bought a much cheaper health insurance package which wouldn't say for much of his treatment leading to him needing to pull his son out of college to pay for it and wanting to die so his family can get the insurance payout upon his death.
At a reach, it could also be suggested to be talking about:
- Robert Haywood, who openly admitted to Sarah that he was only in his life to exploit her for care and financial gain.
- Emily Choi, who appears to be a good person but then April finds a bundle of cigarette ends in the bathroom and who confesses to having had friends at Ethan's flat against Ethan's wishes.
- Connor Rhodes, who went against the wishes of the other doctors on the team and explained the high-risk procedure to the parents of conjoined twins in order to save both of their children.